November 11, 2012
Dear (adult) me,
- Hello there! You should know my name (unless you've changed it for some reason I don’t know yet), so why bother introducing myself? I’m you from the past. I’m thirteen years old. You know what else? I have absolutely nothing important to tell you! I know what you must be thinking-I was so absent minded when I was a teenager!-Well, fine then, jerk! I am a little slow, and I am a little weird (just a LITTLE bit, mind you) but guess what? That means that you are too! So in a way, you totally just insulted yourself! HAH! Okay, you know what? Let me start over. I don’t want to go picking fights with myself (that reminds me of a time you tried playing thumb war with yourself. For you, that must have been years ago! For me though, it was just yesterday! It, unfortunately didn't work out though). As I was saying before: Hello. It’s a pleasure to be writing to you. How is my grammar? It’s lovely, isn't it? HA! I bet when you first looked at this, the first thing you noticed was a grammatical mistake. How would I know this? Well, it’s simply a feeling. *cough*Grammar Nazi. *cough* I should just go straight out and say it: Are you or are you not a writer of some sort? I wanted to ask you earlier in this letter, but I started rambling, so…yeah. If you aren't a writer yet, you very much disappointed me and I send you unhappiness from your teenage self. If you are a writer though, I applaud you! You’re so awesome! What‘s your favorite genre? Mine is forever romance and fantasy. Did you ever get the hang of horror writing? I still haven’t. What about tragedies? Can you write those? I can’t. I have another question for you! (Actually, questions make absolutely NO SENSE unless they created time machines so that you could appear before me right this instant so that you can answer my questions, but I’ll keep asking you things anyways!) Are you married (IF YOU ARE NOT, I SWEAR, YOU ARE GOING TO PAY-oh look, I just threatened myself, how quaint)? Do you live in an apartment? Have you lost touch with your friends? Are you successful in life? Are you important? How old are you? Do you have wrinkles? If so, how many are on your feet? Ew? Have you danced on the moon? Where do you live? Can you drive? Do you have any accomplishments? Like, at all? Does your husband bring you tulips? Tulips, as you know, are the most romantic flower. Don’t ever forget! Tulips, tulips, two lips meeting! Are you still alive? Wait, of course you are! Unless…are you a ghost? Do you haunt people? If so, haunt your seventh grade teacher! LOL Are you so out of touch and not hip that you forgot what LOL stands for? Do you have amnesia? Wait… you wouldn’t remember if you had amnesia or not if you did, would you? How many pets do you have? Who lives with you? Where did you go to college? Did you join the military? Do you floss every day? Do you feel weird hearing all of these questions from yourself? Do you remember the characters I made up? Vindice? Paris? Mared? Julie? Emerald? DO YOU OR DO YOU NOT EAT A PANCAKE EVERY SUNDAY!? Look. I’m sorry if I startled you. This whole prompt excited me too much. I’m a very curious kid. I just wanted to tell you that you shouldn't forget the people that inspire me, your teenage self, everyday. Don’t forget your teachers, the people that were the first to really believe in you, your friends, the ones that you stood up for and the ones that stood up for you, and your family. I hope you don’t forget the things that keep me happy, and I hope you never lose your imagination. Right now, to tell you the really real truth, my imagination is the only thing I like about myself. Don’t ever lose it! Be grateful for everything you have, because you never know when it’ll fade away into time itself. …Look at me being poetic! Are you proud of me? I’d be (almost ((LOL, you’re not that great, bro))) honored! I’d be happy if you were proud of me. I hope I can be proud of you, too! Remember to never forget your ideals and the things that make everything worth something. You are my goals and my future, and I am your mistakes and your memories. We’re so cool together! I wish I could meet you face to face, but I guess if I want that I’ll just have to look into a mirror, right? Just, please, promise me that the reflection I see in that mirror can be my hero. Thank you for being so strong and for being someone I look forward to being. Shoot for the stars and never, ever, EVER stop being who we are.
- I really wanted to tell you something deep and inspirational, but I couldn't think of anything. Be yourself, I guess?
- P.S. stands for post script in case you've forgotten.
- Post, post, post script. LOL xD Am I getting on your nerves yet?
- REALIZATION!: I'm a lonely person to be writing to myself!
- Okay, I'm done.